Posted on: May 25, 2017
The Nominations and Elections Committee is seeking nominations from a pool of individuals that have served on the Board for at least one year during the past 5 years to fill one Officer vacancy on the Board of Directors; specifically, the Chairman of the Board. The Board of Directors elects the Chairman, and the Chairman-elect will commence his/her term of office in 2017 at the close of the fall Board meeting. The Chairman will serve a two-year term that expires in September 2019.
How to Nominate a Chairman of the Board Candidate
You may nominate yourself or be nominated by another IACET member. If nominating yourself, complete the Officer Nomination Form. If nominating someone else, please provide access to the form for completion by the nominee after he/she has agreed to accept the nomination.
The candidate must:
- Have a desire to use his/her expertise for the benefit of IACET as evidenced by the candidate’s statement of his/her expertise and how he/she plans to use that expertise for IACET; specifically: leadership in continuing education and training, marketing, association management and financial management.
- Sign a statement declaring his/her qualifications for office and willingness to:
- Attend spring and fall Board meetings and any special meetings required throughout the term.
- Act as chief presiding officer of the association and preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Attend all committee and task force meetings as advisor.
- Attend all Council meetings as advisor.
- Appoint all committee chairs, ex-officio members of the Commission, Council and other workgroups.
- Help implement the IACET vision and mission through oversight of the CEO’s implementation of the policies and activities established by the Board.
- Perform other duties as may be required to promote the activities of the Association.
- Pay travel expenses for Board meetings and other required activities that that exceed the authorized allowance for Board members.
- Be a member of IACET in good standing, as evidenced by:
- IACET membership as the official representative of an Accredited Provider organization or as an individual member in IACET.
- All fees paid up-to-date.
- No conflict of interest as evidenced by Article 6.9 of the IACET Policies and Procedures – Rev 9/2016.
- Have held a leadership position in IACET or another organization (e.g., hospital board, community organization, work unit or committee) or group as evidenced by a list of leadership roles, dates of roles, number of members in group, and contribution toward tangible results of the organization’s or group’s efforts. Simple membership in an organization, unit, committee or group does not qualify.
The Nominations and Elections Committee will review the nominations for compliance with IACET Policies and Procedures, check for clear and comprehensive responses to all questions and prepare a final slate of candidates. Profiles of the eligible candidates will be sent with the election ballot to the IACET Board of Directors in June 2017.
Nominations must be received at the IACET office before 5:00 PM ET on June 7, 2017
Tell your network about this Announcement