Posted on: November 23, 2021
Contribute to the 2023 revision of the ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training
Deadline: March 21, 2022
The International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) is working to complete the formation of an IACET Standards Development Committee (SDC) to function as the American National Standard consensus body for the revision and maintenance of ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training. IACET is actively recruiting dedicated learning and development professionals willing to serve on the IACET Continuing Education and Training Standards Development Committee (CE/T SDC). The purpose of the CE/T SDC is to undertake the technical work required for the development of proposed standards approved by the IACET Council on Standards Development (ICSD).
Standards Development Committee (SDC) members are needed in the following areas:
- Government – Federal, State, Local government entity or agency.
- Non-Profit – A legally constituted organization whose objective is to support or engage in CE/T activities of public or private interest without commercial or monetary profit (examples include, but are not limited to CE/T associations, societies, community groups, and nongovernment organizations).
- For-Profit – An organization involved in CE/T that operates to make a profit.
Opportunities to serve on the SDC
NOTE: Individuals may serve on one or all three.
- The full SDC—responsible for providing oversight and accountability for the two subcommittees’ work and submitting a draft CE/T standard to the ICSD for their review/approval.
- Draft Development subcommittee—responsible for considering and analyzing all inputs from research and stakeholders regarding changes to the CE/T Standard and drafting a revised CE/T Standard that is submitted to the full SDC for review and approval.
- Research and Review subcommittee—responsible for researching adult/continuing education best practices, conducting stakeholder survey, and analyzing respondent data, researching other education/training related standards, and submitting findings to the SDC and Draft Development subcommittee.
Estimated duration and frequency of time commitment
- Full SDC—22-month project schedule (Targeting April 2022 through December 2023) involving 1-hour meetings every other week, although during a 4-month Public Comment period, 1-hour meetings could occur weekly.
- Draft Development subcommittee—4-month project schedule (Targeting April through August 2022) involving weekly 90-minute meetings and possibly some offline work between meetings.
- Research and Review subcommittee—3-to-4-month project schedule (Targeting April through June 2022) involving initial 90-minute kickoff meeting followed by 1-hour checkpoint meetings every other week with work on research, surveys occurring offline between meetings.
Requirements for serving:
- Interest in and commitment to improving the quality of Continuing Education and Training (CE/T) through the development of standards.
- Documented experience in the field of Adult Learning, Continuing Education and Training, or Instructional Design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or significant interest in the most current ANSI Essential Requirements for Standards Developers.
- Willingness to abide by the IACET Policies & Procedures.
- Attendance and active participation in all scheduled meetings.
- Capacity to follow through on committee deliverables.
Benefits to you:
- Built-in access to market research on best practices in continuing education and training.
- Develop an understanding of ANSI’s Essential Requirements for Standards Developers.
- Future leadership opportunities at IACET.
- Observation of trends in the continuing education and training industry, and standards development.
- Opportunity to network and learn with other professionals in the field of CET.
How to apply:
Complete the application form and submit to IACET Standards Development Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will be notified in writing. You will be asked to review and sign SDC Guidelines and Conflict of Interest form, disclosing any financial relationships or possible conflicts of interest.
Tell your network about this Announcement